Executive Director’s Letter
July 23, 2013
Have you recovered from Artscape yet? Kudos to GBCA member Station North Arts and Entertainment District for making the neighborhood rock this past weekend.
While my tour of members’ exhibitions and events is experiencing a summertime slowdown, GBCA is hard at work on upcoming activities with City Lit and the Maryland State Arts Council on Literary Arts Week 2013. We’re expanding our events and activities this year and strongly encourage our literary friends to get on board for the week of October 7 through October 13. Contact Chris Stewart to find out about getting on the schedule. She needs to hear from you soon as we are planning a promotion to coincide with the Baltimore Book Festival.
Does your organization have programming that commemorates the War of 1812? Get in touch with the Baltimore National Heritage Area to find out about promoting your events and exhibitions through their Passport Program. Visitors have their passport validated with a unique stamp and after collecting ten (including four from specific sites in Baltimore), can send it off for a commemorative coin. The Passport is a great promotional opportunity.
Work is continuing on the BaltimoreFunGuide and this week I am feeling particularly grateful for the funders who are supporting this amazing tool for the arts and culture community and our patrons. A round of applause for the Robert W. Deutsch Foundation, the William G. Baker, Jr. Memorial Fund, The Henry and Ruth Blaustein Rosenberg Foundation, The France-Merrick Foundation, and the Harry S. Gladding Foundation.
Have a great week,
- Enjoy Summer by Binge Watching Movies and Reading a Baltimore-Born Beach Book
- “Culture is not the icing on the cake, it’s the sugar and the eggs—you really can’t make a decent city or cake without it.”
- Liz Lerman’s Incredible Impact on the Arts, and Our Thanks to GBCA Membership and Development Manager, Melanie Robey.
- Our Wonderful State-Designated Arts Districts
- It’s the Season to Go Outside and Play!
- Be an Informed Arts and Culture Voter
- Artscape 2014 and a New Online Cultural Calendar
- Congratulations to the 2014 Baker Artist Award Winners!
- Honoring Fred and Jonna Lazarus
- “It gives me great pleasure to announce the 2014 inaugural class of Rubys Artist Project Grant awardees.”