Strategic Plan Update June 2013
The Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA) nurtures and promotes a vibrant, diverse, and sustainable arts and cultural community embraced by all as accessible, relevant, and essential to the region’s quality of life.
GBCA connects artists and groups to one another and to vital resources.
GBCA advocates for the strategic issues facing the cultural community and the continued visibility and financial strength of the sector.
GBCA CORE VALUES
- Arts and culture are essential to the vitality of the Greater Baltimore region.
- The cultural community is stronger together than apart.
- GBCA is inclusive, grass roots, nimble, and independent.
- GBCA will become the authoritative collective voice of the cultural, creative community.
- It will earn a seat at the table alongside leaders of industry, academia, and government as a key constituent in the development and growth of the Greater Baltimore region.
- It will establish and promote regular, highly anticipated events that create value, not only for its members but demonstrate the case for the significance and importance of the cultural community within the region.
- Members, individual artists, colleges and cultural organizations small and large will consider the GBCA an indispensable advocate for the contributions, needs, and interests of the regional cultural community.
- GBCA members include arts, culture, history, heritage organizations and attractions as well as individual artists. GBCA serves Baltimore City and Baltimore County as well as Anne Arundel, Carroll, Harford, and Howard counties.